Black nationalism is a type of political thought that seeks to promote, develop and maintain a black race identity for people of black ancestry. Black nationalist activism revolves around social, political, and economic empowerment of black communities and people, especially to resist assimilation into white culture (through integration or otherwise), and maintain a distinct black identity.
Black nationalism arose within the African-American community in the United States. In the early 20th century, the Garveyism promoted by the U.S.-based Marcus Garvey furthered black nationalist ideas. Black nationalist ideas also proved an influence on the Black Islam movement, particularly groups like the Nation of Islam founded by Elijah Muhammad. During the 1960s, black nationalism influenced the Black Panther Party and the broader Black Power movement. UPAM is for the main cause.
United Pan-Africanist Movement (UPAM) is a worldwide movement that aims to encourage and strengthen bonds of solidarity between all indigenous and diasporan ethnic groups of African descent and a possible United Africa for independence and Economic Prosperity Reclaiming the hope of Africa’s future
UPAM AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- Rally and Unite the African people under the banner of African Nationalism.
- Overthrow all forms of oppression and their manifestation in all its forms.
- Establish and maintain an Africanistic Socialist Democratic order
- Promote and project African personality into its fullest blossom.
- Create a giant monolithic states of Africa scretching from Cape to Cairo and from Morocco to Malagascar.
OATH OF ALLEGIANCE
“On my life, honour and fortunes I solemnly pledge and swear that I shall always live up to the aims and aspirations of the United Pan-Africanist Movement (UPAM), and shall never under any circumstances, divulge any secrets, or plans of the organization, nor betray an Africanist, and that if I dare to divulge any secrets, or plans of the United Pan-Africanist Movement (UPAM), or betray a member of the cause, or use the influence of the U.P.A.M. for my own personal interest or advertisement, I do so at my own risk and peril. I will irrevocably obey and act upon the orders, commands, instructions and direction of the National Executive Committee of the United Pan-Africanist Movement (UPAM). I will always serve, suffer and sacrifice anything for the cause for which the U.P.A.M. stands, and will at all times be ready to go on any mission that I may be called upon to perform. I will make it may duty to foster the cause for which the U.P.A.M. stands, in any organization that I may become a member of. I accept the leadership of the United Pan-Africanist Movement (UPAM)”
UPAM is guided by The AUs vision of “An Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.”
The Constitutive Act of the African Union and the Protocol on Amendments to the Constitutive Act of the African Union lay out the aims of the AU which are:
- Achieve greater unity and solidarity between African countries and their the people
- Defend the sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence of its Member States;
- Accelerate the political and socio-economic integration of the continent;
- Promote and defend African common positions on issues of interest to the continent and its peoples;
- Encourage international cooperation
- Promote peace, security, and stability on the continent;
- Promote democratic principles and institutions, popular participation and good governance;
- Promote and protect human and peoples’ rights in accordance with the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights and other relevant human rights instruments;
- Establish the necessary conditions which enable the continent to play its rightful role in the global economy and in international negotiations;
- Promote sustainable development at the economic, social and cultural levels as well as the integration of African economies;
- Promote cooperation in all fields of human activity to raise the living standards of African peoples;
- Coordinate and harmonise the policies between the existing and future Regional Economic Communities for the gradual attainment of the objectives of the Union;
- Advance the development of the continent by promoting research in all fields, in particular in science and technology
- Work with relevant international partners in the eradication of preventable diseases and the promotion of good health on the continent.
- Ensure the effective participation of women in decision-making, particularly in the political, economic and socio-cultural areas;
- Develop and promote common policies on trade, defence and foreign relations to ensure the defence of the Continent and the strengthening of its negotiating positions;
- Invite and encourage the full participation of the African Diaspora as an important part of our Continent, in the building of the African Union.
United Pan-Africanist Movement (UPAM) was formally launched in 2020 – April – 28th
UPAM Foundation April 28,2020
The United Pan Africanist Movement-UPAM was founded by Blessed Mukonka and Emmanuel Samuels Kpan, on the first day they opened and recruited men and women from all over Africa, after that they managed to get the movement name which is today call UPAM with the the help of the following founding members:
* Ogden Lazarus _ Zambia
* Marlven Zihapa_Zimbabwe
* Abdul Aziz Goma _ Togo – UK
*Nelson Mansaray_ Sierra Leone.
* Dr. Lamin Darboe_ Gambia- Italy
* Thabo Selloe_ South Africa
* Kalamus King Lawrence__
Though some of them couldn’t reach this far but they are all recognize.
Comrade Blessed Mukonka and Emmanuel Samwels Kpan met on a FB platform through a post ” they talked and intellectualized this continent for long, why can’t we create/open a chatroom where we all can meet and find the way forward?” into a FB group called Pan Africanism Activism where thousands of people (Africans) go and write their views, comments, opinions, and concerns about Africa, after that post within two days It got over 150 comments and WhatsApp numbers asking me to open it, due to bad internet connection Mr Mukonka opened it on the 28th day of April 2020 and shared the link with. From there they started making some people admins. UPAM begins!!
FOUNDING NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The founding executive included the following:
- Mr. Nelson Mansaray (SIERRA LEONE ) – (Chairman) from 29th April 2020 to 12th July 2020
- Mr. Blessed Mukonka ( ZAMBIA) – Vice Chair
- Mr. Emmnuel Samwels Kpan (LIBERIA) – (Global Secretary General)
- Charlotte Adekoya – Global Project Coordinator
- Mamadou Bah (GAMBIAN) – Global Public
Relations Officer (Publicity & Information)
- Mr. Shadrick Mumba – Global Assistant
Public Relations Officer
- Mr. Bonginkosi Dlamini – Global IT Manager
- Fatima Tutu (Global Treasurer)
- Titiler Nweke Bass – Global Organizing Secretary
- Mr. Benedicto Mbango (CAMEROON) – Global PRO Manager
- Winnie Bitonga Gichana (KENYAN) – Global Secretary of Finance
- Mr. Alexis Mayaka Bosire ( KENYAN) – Global Education &
- Mr. Martin Njoroge Njuguna (KENYAN)- Global Strategy Coordinator
- Mr. Brian Pareno Solonka (KENYAN) – Global Legal
- Mrs. Cecilia Engomme Mofor – Global Legal
- Mr. Abednego Chuni – Global Legal
- Mr. Ilikuwa Kadhira – Web Developer
With additional BOARD OF TRUSTEES
- Mr. Mahmoud Ahmed
Shallo – KENYA
All these individuals had played an imperative role in the political work of the formation of UPAM.
- Kennedy Sande – KENYA
- Alier Abraham – SOUTH SUDAN
- Thabo Selloe – SOUTH AFRICA
- Ambassador Patrick
- Ernest Joseph Thomas
- Abdoul Aziz – TOGO
- Billy Harry T. Sesay
2020 – UPAM is launched and adopt and implement Status Campaign
Who we Are
“Reclaiming The Hope of Africa’s Future”
Founded in 2020, the mission of United Pan Africanist Movement is to encourage and strengthen the bonds of political, economic and social solidarity between all African states. We strive to unify and uplift our African continent by establishing a constitution for a cooperative government within the nation in order to achieve true independence and integrity.
Our vision is to create a pan-African federation, where all African states unite together and progress the political, socioeconomic development of Africa. With the continuous battle of neocolonialism in this current age, the United Pan-Africanist Movement aims for a reconciliation of African states, which can allow the nation to transform and reach a point of true solidarity, self-government, political and socioeconomic improvement. Furthermore, we endeavor to promote security, stability, peace and justice within the union of Africa.
Our purpose and values of United Pan-Africanist Movevement involves:
• Promoting the unification and the solidarity between the African states
• Promoting sustainable advancements and developments within the African society; including the political, social, cultural and economic aspects
• Becoming truly independent from the struggles of neocolonialism
• Becoming self-sufficient as a nation and obtaining continental stability and security
• Achieving a prosperous future for the continent of Africa
Our objectives for the United Pan-Africanist Movement include:
• Creating a Constitution for a Union Government of African States
• Establishing a continent-wide plan for a unified or common economic and industrial programme for Africa
• Setting up a Common Market for the African nation
• Creating an African monetary zone and its own currency
• Establishing an African Central Bank
• Establishing a Communications System within the African continent
• Forming a common African citizenship
• Establishing a Common Foreign Policy and Diplomacy
• Establishing a Common System of Defence within Africa
“Reclaiming The Hope of Africa’s Future”
Pillars of Pan Africanism
- African Nationalism
- Scientific Socialism
- Continental Unity.
Characteristics of Pan Africanism
- Continental in Scope
- Democratic in form
- Dynamic in Motivation
- Original in Conception
- Humanistic in approach
- Scientific in content
- Creative in purpose
- Africanistic in orientation.